ARDUINO VOICE CHANGER PROJECT PAGE
Things to know about Waveshield:
Pins Used by wave shield alone:
- 13, 12, 11 always used by the SD card (final voice changer won't need SD card)
- The library included uses pin 10 for SD card and 2, 3, 4, 5 to talk to the DAC.
3.3V Voltage regulator
- This takes the 5V supply from the Arduino and converts it to a nice 3.3V supply. This is necessary because SD/MMC cards only work on 3.3V. If you give them 5V they'll burn out & die!
- The voltage regulator used is the MCP1700-330, which can provide up to 250 mA of current. There are 4 capacitors associated with the regulator. and are the input capacitors; they stabilize the 5V input. and are the output capacitors, they stabilize the 3.3V output
- There is a jumper that allows you to skip the regulator and use the 'built in' 3.3V supply from the Arduino. However, it is not suggested as that supply is not guaranteed to provide the current necessary.